We’ve made it
The JCI Portsmouth team have just spent the weekend in Reading at a JCI national event called JCI Inspiration Day. We took-over a hotel (over 60 of us) and networked, learned new stuff and got really inspired to make a difference in 2011.
Just a few of the things we did and talked about this weekend:
· JCI UK National President, Alli Cowell, gave a really bubbly talk on JCI and the plans she has for 2011 (more on those in a later blog)
· Malaria World Day on 24 April – watch out for UK-wide charity events to help raise much-need cash to help save lives in Africa from the threat of malaria
· JCI and social media – we do a lot already and we need to do much more!
· Networking is so much fun and you get to meet so many different people, it really is amazing!
· A treasure hunt style game with a difference – we were split up into ten teams and given a set of game instructions and told to wonder the streets of Reading in search of land marks. We utilised smart phone technology too by taking pictures of silly things and emailing them to a flickr account (to be displayed on the projector at the hotel). It was really good fun and we all worked well together.
· After a day of networking and training, we all went out for a meal in Reading and then on to an 80s night club At JCI, you party and you party hard and long!
· 20 of the 60 attendees stayed on Sunday to take part in a JCI University training session called JCI Presenter — a great way to learn presentation skills! Everyone should graduate later today. It’s very exciting because being a qualified presenter in JCI means you can go on and become a trainer too!
I could go on but too much happened in one day to mention in this small update. I’ll write more soon, until then, have a great week ahead everyone!
President, JCI Portsmouth
Categorised in: Charity
This post was written by Paul Thwaite