Making sure our members experience the ‘I’ in JCI, is the International Director.
As the title gives away, this role focuses on the activities that happen outside the UK. The main responsibility of the role is to co-ordinate the JCI UK delegations to the European Conference and World Congress in 2018, these are being held in Latvia and India respectively. The International Director is the first point of contact for members leading up to and during the events. This involves, but not limited to: –
- Promote the events to members
- manage bursaries applications for international events
- Sourcing of UK delegations hotel
- Preparing the delegate bags
- Communicate information to the delegates that will be useful to them
- Arrange welcome drinks and pre-gala dinner drinks
- Arrange the UK booth at Global Village
- Co-Ordinate business breakfasts with other National Organisations
For this role you are expected to attend both European Conference and World Congress.
In addition to the above, in 2018 it is JCI UK’s turn to organise and host NOM 2 NOM. This is an event where the National Boards of JCI Switzerland, JCI Belgium, JCI Netherlands and JCI UK get together for a weekend and share best practice and look at how other continues are dealing with issues we all share. These weekend are always fun and a great opportunity to understand more about JCI on a European level. Each of the countries involved take it in turns to host and organise. The normally have between 30 – 45 people in attendance and will be happening 23rd – 25th March 2018.
That’s a very brief overview and a full role description can be found here. If you’re wanting to stand for this role or any other on the national team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and how to submit an intention to stand.
Categorised in: National
This post was written by Ben Hawley