With the deadline for entries for this year’s JCI UK TOYP Competition fast approaching on Sunday 1 September 2019, we thought we would recap on the top ten reasons why you should nominate someone for a TOYP award. These are:
- It is a chance to show that you support young, inspiring people.
- It is a chance to highlight individuals who are excelling in their chosen field.
- Your TOYP honouree(s) could help motivate and inspire your members.
- It is great publicity for both your honouree(s) and your local chamber.
- Honouring someone in your local community could open up the possibility of them becoming engaged and involved in your local chamber as a new member.
- UK honourees are put forward for the global competition which highlights their great work on the international stage.
- There are loads of different categories, so you are sure to find a category that your nominee fits into!
- Anyone can nominate someone for a TOYP award.
- The application process is simple and straightforward.
- It doesn’t cost anything to enter someone.
So don’t delay! There’s still chance to complete a nomination form and submit this to JCI UK’s Admin Director Vicky Biggs by email. The deadline for entries is 2359 on Sunday 1 September 2019.
This year’s JCI UK TOYP honourees will be formally announced in a ceremony at this year’s National Convention in Belfast which is taking place between 22 and 24 November 2019. Subject to eligibility, this year’s honourees will then be put forward for the global competition where past honourees have included activists, entrepreneurs and many more from around the globe.
For more information, please contact JCI UK’s Admin Director Vicky Biggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post was written by Zoe Toseland