This year, JCI London are once again supporting the UN International Day of Peace on Wednesday 21st September 2016 in partnership with the international JCI campaign Peace Is Possible. The project team are hoping to bring together JCI chambers around the world in the name of peace.
For the first time, peace is one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals. In the week of 21st of September, JCI London are inviting JCI UK members to stand up for peace and be part of a worldwide action supported by our World President, Paschal Dike.
How you can participate? (You can join either one or all of them!)
1) Take a group picture with the peace week & peace is possible logos and send to the team (email@example.com )
2) Record a short video (max 30sec) with a message of Peace (Name, Chamber, Country.. commit for Peace and if you have you can present your actions) and send in your video
3) Give free hugs or meet people and show them a respect sign to support the UN international Peace day on the 21th of September (shaking hands for example), capture it with pictures.
4) Organize a community event(s) related to peace in your chamber to support the UN international Peace day (with pictures)
Why get involved in Peace Day 2016?
- Contribute to the advancement of the UN sustainable development goal number 16
- Raise awareness about peace worldwide and in your community
- Collaborate with JCI chambers from all over the world
- Have fun while supporting a good cause
JCI Chambers around the world have been invited to participate in this project. Here is a message from the world president of JCI about making an action for peace:
JCI London has been running a Peace project for the past four years and have had more than 80 countries participate in some of the above events. You can find some of the highlights here:
JCI Peace Week Pictures 2015: https://goo.gl/photos/3uYCJg3Q7a8KqPJH6
JCI Mauritius Peace Day 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm6XYd8H3PU
JCI Culture Bdrum/Istanbul (Turkey): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Al0gw_q_Y
Peace Week Director, Marine Klein, said: “We are excited to have more countries joining us this year! Our goal is to involve 100 chambers all around the world“. To contact the team, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Images from Peace Project celebrations from around the world
Categorised in: Charity
This post was written by Sarah Beckwith