Junior Chamber International (JCI) is a global organisation which aims to be the largest network of young professionals and entrepreneurs in the world. Their mission; to provide self-development opportunities to empower young people to make a positive change in their communities.
JCI is a global, professional network with almost 200,000 members. Previous members include John F Kennedy, Bill Clinton and Kofi Annan, among others, and today it consists of a range of participants, from start-up entrepreneurs to people working in blue chip companies, non-profit organisations and charities. It’s made up of around 5,000 local chambers in 160 countries; JCI UK being the UK’s national chamber.
Bradford’s local chamber, JCI Bradford is looking to young people and professionals between the ages of 18 and 40 to join this ever growing network of driven, determined and dynamic individuals. JCI Bradford has been running locally for over 50 years and, although has seen peaks and troughs over the past half-century, JCI Bradford is growing once again with a 40% increase in membership since the beginning of the year.
Is JCI for you? That differs person to person but if you have a passion for personal and professional development, looking to expand your network and meet like-minded people, have access to opportunities which wouldn’t normally be given to people of your age, plan, organise and deliver local projects which aim to benefit the broader community and play your part in a global, ever expanding organisation; the answer is YES!
To provide some insight into some of the things JCI Bradford has planned for 2014:
· Training sessions around Social Media Marketing, Debating, Public Speaking, Presenting, Leadership and Management, Networking and more
· Easter Egg Appeal (collecting Easter eggs for local, under-privileged children), Harvest Festival (collecting food for the homeless), Secret Santa Appeal (collecting presents at Christmas for under-privileged children – it’s 25th anniversary in 2014) and many more
· Visits and talks from numerous prominent business and community leaders in Bradford
· Networking events in Bradford and across the Yorkshire Region
· Social Events: Curry of the Month etc.
On top of all this, active participation in JCI on your CV is a great way of giving you real-life and demonstrable experience in leadership, project management, marketing, administration, personal development and much more, helps you stand out from the crowd and introduces you to an amazing network of young people who will grow with you as you develop both personally and professionally.
Still having doubts? Come along to one of our new member’s evenings and meet with old, current and new JCI members and witness first-hand what JCI has done for others and what it can do for you.
Look forward to seeing you soon!
Categorised in: Charity
This post was written by Philip Cavalier-Lumley