If you’re good with numbers, money and accounts why not stand for the role of Finance Director on the 2020 National Team. We are looking for someone with experience of creating and managing a budget and preparing management accounts, either in your professional life, or previously at a local level within JCI.
Main aspects to role:
- Maintaining financial records for JCI UK on a fairly regular basis (monthly or so). This is mainly driven by exporting bank statements to Excel and interpreting.
- Liaising with the membership team to reconcile membership payments received to the list of members, and then calculating chambers’ capitations.
- Paying our creditors, the National Board directors’ expenses, and capitations to chambers. This requires a “run” of 20-30 payments every 2-3 months.
- Keeping track of specific receipts, such as sales for national academies.
- Producing annual accounts and arranging for their audit.
- Arranging insurance for the national organisation.
- Assisting chambers with any financial queries.
- Working with the Deputy National President on the production of a national budget for the following year.
Time commitment outside of National Board meetings:
Several hours a month maintaining records, arranging payments and administration. Ad hoc projects, including any at the request of local chambers.
- A good understanding of accounts is probably necessary to have or to quickly learn.
- Attention to detail.
National Board positions will be elected at the AGM in September. If you are interested in standing please send a completed intention to stand document to the 2019 JCI UK Admin Director Vicky Biggs at firstname.lastname@example.org and also to James Lambert, at email@example.com before the deadline of 8pm on Friday 16 August 2019.
If more than one person stands for a particular role, we will let you know in case you wish to prepare an election campaign.
This post was written by Zoe Toseland