The National Convention is the highlight of the JCI UK calendar. The convention is being held in Sheffield between 25 and 27 November and just some of the activities include:
- Pecha Kucha – developed in Japan in 2003 PK events are held around the world and it has grown into quite a phenomenon. The concept works on a 20×20 basis – 20 slides/images and 20 seconds for each one. You will get to hear 5 great speakers over the course of an hour.
- Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony – Being held at the Kelham Island Museum, this night of celebration promises to be fun and memorable for all.
- Key Note Speakers – Inspiration at every turn. You won’t believe what these leaders have achieved until you’ve heard it.
- Competitions – Whether you are taking part or watching, the public speaking and debating competitions are a great experience and always provide a lot of laughs!
- Networking – JCI is all about its members and national events are a great opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. If this is your first national event, worry not – there are networking training sessions which will ensure you will quickly meet lots of people in the same situation.
Early bird registration is just £99 until 30 September. You can also get a great deal on a hotel, with a double or twin room only £99 for two nights! You can find more information and sign up here.
JCI London is offering £75 bursaries to members attending their first national event. To apply, download and fill in this form. If you have any questions, please contact JCI London President, Sarah Beckwith.
JCI London at the 2010 National Convention
More pictures can be found here
Categorised in: Charity
This post was written by Sarah Beckwith