Only 1 month and 9 days until Belfast welcomes delegates to the 2012 UK National Convention.
Can you believe it is nearly here! To date, over 140 delegates have registered for this year’s National Convention.
The question is … ARE YOU READY? You can still register through 19th November so book soon. Click here
Interested in taking a tour of Titanic Belfast®? You are strongly advised to book online in advance to guarantee entry bookhere
Entrance to the Titantic Experience
Tickets for Titanic Belfast® are based on a timed ticketing with slots available every 20 minutes throughout opening times. Titanic Belfast® extends over nine galleries, with multiple dimensions to the exhibition, drawing together special effects, dark rides, full-scale reconstructions and innovative interactive features to explore the Titanic story in a fresh and insightful way; from her conception in Belfast in the early 1900s, through her construction and launch, to her infamous maiden voyage and catastrophic demise. The journey goes beyond the aftermath of the sinking, to the discovery of the wreck and continues into the present day with a live undersea exploration centre.
Now on to the main event … Just to give you an idea of what’s in store, here is a snapshot of our programme for the weekend:
Friday 30th November
14:00 – Welcome and Official Opening of 2012 JCI UK National Convention
• UK National President, Solveig Malvik and JCI Belfast President, Jennifer Cook
14:10 – Opening Business Lecture: “Preparing to catch the rising tide”
• Feargal McCormack FCA, Founder and Managing Partner of FPM Chartered Accountants o This opening business lecture will provide delegates with insight on how things are starting to look up within the economy and how best to take advantages of current economic environment to ensure the next generation of leaders ‘catch the rising tide’ and don’t get left behind when recovery comes full circle.
15:10 – Parallel Sessions
• Princes Trust Mentoring Session o This session promises to offer delegates the opportunity to share their expertise and experience with Young Ambassadors from the Northern Ireland Prince’s Trust and give something back to the local community here in Belfast.
• Public Speaking Competition o During this session, delegates throughout the UK will be competing nationally by speaking on a range of interesting topics including active citizenship, the Olympics and the next UN millennium development goals among others.
19:30 – Friday evening Social and Extempore Competition
• Join us for a night of traditional Irish music, food and a bit of “craic “ at the Ulster Reform Club – one of Belfast’s oldest private members’ clubs. Hot buffet will be provided. ** The Ulster Reform Club has a dress code – no jeans or trainers please.
Saturday 1st November
9:00 – 12:00, National Council Meeting
10:00 – 12:00, City of Belfast Guided Treasure Hunt
• For those delegates not sitting in on National Council, the CoC have organized something special for you!
Join local guides on a treasure hunt throughout some of Belfast’s best sites including the famous Merchant Hotel, the historic City Hall, Custom House Square, and Belfast’s most famous bar, the Crown Liquor Saloon, just to name a few.
The hunt will begin at 10a.m. on Saturday and will depart and finish up at the Hilton Hotel at 11:45p.m. just in time for lunch.In addition to providing the chance to compete against fellow JCI chapters to become the annual JCI UK Convention champions (not that we are competitive or anything), the hunt will give delegates a chance to see the best Belfast has to offer through this festive season. Winners will be announced at the gala dinner on Saturday evening. May the best team win!
To register your interest in joining the hunt, please email email@example.com
12:00 – 13:00, Lunch 13:00 – Keynote Session: “Leading with Emotional Intelligence (EI)”
• Professor Jackie McCoy, Director of University of Ulster Business Institute • This session promises to provide delegates with an understanding of the emotional skills needed to be a good leader.
14:00 –15:00 Business Lecture: “Networking for Leaders”
• Derek Reilly, JCI Trainer and President, JCI Mayo
15:00 – 17:00, Debating Competition
19:30 – Til late, Drinks Reception and Gala Dinner, Titanic Belfast
Sunday 2nd November
9:00 – 11:00, Senate Breakfast
10:00 – 12:00, Deputy President Training
12:00, Farewell Session
JCI Belfast COC Manager & President
Categorised in: Charity
This post was written by James Lambert