So, we’re almost ready to spend our £7! Here are a couple of guidelines and tips for the event.
If you have any other questions about what you can or can’t do, please just give us a shout.
- Your £7 weekly budget has to include both food and drink.
- You can use basic seasoning’s of salt and pepper from your cupboard. However, you cannot use additonal spices such as chilli and garlic unless you buy them from your budget.
- You can use oil for cooking purposes, but only in small qualities. It cannot be used in large amounts for things such as salad dressings unless you purchase it specifically for such dishes.
- You cannot use sauces or condiments such as mayonnaise or ketchup unless you purchase them from youe £7 budget.
- You can buy items that come in large quantities, such as tea bags, split it and exclude the percentage of money for the amount taken out. However, you must declare this before the event and make sure you are not tempted to cheat and dip into the part that is from outside your budget!
Let us know what you’re doing
You may have noticed that we are big fans of active social networking so, whether funny or serious, get posting!
We want to see your shopping list, recipe ideas and meal photos. We also want to know how you’re doing throughout the event; is it easy? Are you struggling? Utilise the facebook group to share ideas and keep each other motivated.
Don’t suffer in silence!
Participants are taking on a mighty challenge by doing this event and personally making valuable contributions to charity. So spread the word about what you’re doing. Share the Just Giving link and Just Text Giving information and get friends, family and colleagues to give up something small and donate the money in support of what you’re doing. If they don’t want to give something up then they can just make a donation as sponsorship. Good luck, I can’t wait to hear how you get on!
Join us by clicking on the links below to our social media channles for the latest updates, sharing recipe ideas, and generally how you are coping during the challenge:
You can donate if you are taking part in the challenge, giving up a food item during the week or you just want to support the cause please click on the image to donate via our JustGiving page:
This is a JCI UK first to use Textgiving for a fundraising project!
Support by donating to our Justing Giving Page Donations of can be made by texting JCUK99 and the amount you wish to donate to 70070. Donations can be donated in the following amounts; £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10. So if you wanted to donate £10 you text JCUK99 £10 to 70070. How simple! Text giving is also a great and easy way to generate sponsorship from friends and family supporting you through your challenge.
Pound a Day Project Manager
Categorised in: Charity
This post was written by Soraya Bowen