The role of Deputy President is still available if you’d like to be part of the 2020 National Board! The role is an important role on the National JCI UK Team. Like at a local chamber level, the role of Deputy President is a three-year commitment: serving as Deputy National President in 2020; as National President in 2021; then as Immediate Past President in 2022.
It’s your opportunity to learn and shadow the National President and a year of preparation. However, Its not all watching and listening; as Deputy you do need to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in supporting the current National Team and chambers.
Main aspects to role:
- Recruit a national board team for the following year.
- Produce a plan of action and budget for the following year.
- Devise and deliver a training programme for the local deputy presidents.
- Work together with the deputy chair of the British Senate.
- Support the national board team where required.
- Shadow and work with the President to learn as much as possible about the role.
- Deputise for the President where necessary.
- Chair the Chamber Task Force – support new and struggling chambers.
- Liaise and support the team of local deputy presidents.
Time commitment outside of National Board meetings:
- Attend JCI Academy in Japan – 10 days in July (subject to application and approval).
- Deputy training sessions on Sundays after Presidents and Deputies Day and AGM.
- International events: European Presidents Meeting (4 days in February), European Conference (5 days in May or June) and World Congress (7 days in November).
- Time required to prepare for each of the above. No specific time commitment in terms of other aspects of role (plan of action etc), but likely to be concentrated in the second half of the year.
- Visiting local chambers at the invite of the chambers and discretion of the Deputy President.
- Strategic planning
- Motivating and inspiring volunteers
- Public Speaking
If you are interested in standing please send a completed Intention to Stand Template for 2020 roles to the 2019 JCI UK Admin Director Vicky Biggs at firstname.lastname@example.org and also to James Lambert, at email@example.com before the deadline of 8pm on 25 October 2019.
If more than one person stands for a particular role, we will let you know in case you wish to prepare an election campaign.Tags: 2020 roles, Deputy President, JCI Journey, JCI UK, Personal Development
This post was written by Zoe Toseland