The role of Admin Director is still available if you’d like to be part of the 2020 National Board! The role is a core part of the National Team for JCI UK. As Admin Director you’ll be working closely with the National President James Lambert on a wide range of operational and administrative duties and helping to organise the President‘s workload at times.
Main aspects to the role:
- Google Drive/file sharing
- Sorting JCI email addresses & emailing groups for national board & local chambers
- Preparing documents for national council and other national events
- Providing templates/preparing slides for events
- Taking minutes at national board and national council meetings
- Arranging venues and accommodation for National Board Meetings
- Producing agendas for all national board and national council meetings
- Organisation of national awards programme, including:
- opening submission process on jci.cc website
- organising judging administration for National Board
- ordering awards and certificates
- organising the awards ceremony at National Convention
- Generally, anything that can be classed as admin.
- Chasing people!! (No one can escape)
You will be busy at the start of the year setting everything up for the year ahead. Throughout the year you’ll get emails and requests from members and local council teams frequently, most of which only require a few minutes to respond to/solve. In the lead up to national council and other national events your workload will increase preparing all the documents and slides etc.
- Computer skills i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Google
- Strong organisational skills
- Forward planning
- Fast and accurate typing (helpful for taking minutes)
- Negotiation skills (great for organising venues etc.)
If you are interested in standing please send a completed Intention to Stand Template for 2020 roles to the 2019 JCI UK Admin Director Vicky Biggs at email@example.com and also to James Lambert, at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 8pm on 25 October 2019.
If more than one person stands for a particular role, we will let you know in case you wish to prepare an election campaign.
This post was written by Zoe Toseland