by Katie Ogley, JCI UK Community Director 2014
So, this time next week the Pound a Day Challenge will be in full swing!
Whether you’re taking part for the first time or need a refresher from last year, below are the rules for the Pound a Day Challenge!
- Your £7 weekly budget has to include both food and drink.
- You can use basic seasoning’s of salt and pepper from your cupboard. However, you cannot use additonal spices such as chilli and garlic unless you buy them from your budget.
- You can use oil for cooking purposes, but only in small qualities. It cannot be used in large amounts for things such as salad dressings unless you purchase it specifically for such dishes.
- You cannot use sauces or condiments such as mayonnaise or ketchup unless you purchase them from youe £7 budget.
- You can buy items that come in large quantities, such as tea bags, split it and exclude the percentage of money for the amount taken out. However, you must declare this before the event and make sure you are not tempted to cheat and dip into the part that is from outside your budget!
Registering for the Challenge
Register by making your donation (cost of your normal weekly shop minus £7) to the Just Giving page http://www.justgiving.com/JCIUKPaD2014
Let us know what you’re doing
We are big fans of active social networking so, whether funny or serious, get posting!
We want to see your shopping list, recipe ideas and meal photos. We also want to know how you’re doing throughout the event; is it easy? Are you struggling? Utilise the facebook group or tweet using #jciukpoundaday to share ideas and keep each other motivated.
Don’t suffer in silence!
Participants are taking on a mighty challenge by doing this event and personally making valuable contributions to charity. So spread the word about what you’re doing. Share the Just Giving link and get friends, family and colleagues to give up something small and donate the money in support of what you’re doing. If they don’t want to give something up then they can just make a donation as sponsorship. Good luck, I can’t wait to hear how you get on!
If you have any questions about the event please contact Katie Ogley, JCI UK Community Director 2014 on email@example.com or 07506400751.
Categorised in: Charity
This post was written by Guest Blogger