Website Terms & Conditions of Use
These terms (and any documents referred to in them) tell you the terms on which you may make use of the website under the domain name http://www.jciuk.org.uk/ (the Website).
Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. By using the Website you confirm your acceptance of these terms regardless of whether or not you apply to join us. If you do not accept these terms, you should exit the Website immediately and refrain from using it.
Information about us
We are Junior Chamber International United Kingdom (JCI UK). We are an unincorporated association whose principal office is at JCI UK Head Office, PO Box 6638, Grantham, NG31 9BX.
If you have any queries about the Website or any information contained on it, please contact us at JCI UK Head Office, PO Box 6638, Grantham NG31 9BX or by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01476 404005.
The Website is offered as a free service to you. You may access most areas of the Website without being a member of JCI UK (a Member), however certain areas of the Website are only open to Members.
In the event that you breach these terms, your permission to use the Website terminates immediately and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
Intellectual property rights
The Website is owned by JCI UK and any and all intellectual property rights in the Website including, but not limited to, copyright and database rights and any logos or trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) are owned by and remain the property of JCI UK (or its third party licensors as applicable) at all times.
You are permitted to print off one copy and may download extracts of the content on the Website for your own personal use, and may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the Website, provided that:
- our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the Website is always acknowledged;
- no documents or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way, this includes the removal of any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Website;
- no graphics on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text;
- you do not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes without our prior written consent;
- any information on the Website which is marked as being confidential is treated as such and is not disclosed to any third party; and
- you agree that you will not use any part of the Website to:
- commit or encourage any criminal offence;
- send or receive any material which is offensive, or which may be abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing, or in breach of confidence, copyright, privacy or any other rights. In the event we believe any material falls within any or all of these categories we shall be entitled to remove it without notice;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus, worm, Trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors or any other computer code, files or programs or repetitive requests designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of or impair the functionality of the Website;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit or post links to any content that facilitates hacking;
- hack into any aspect of the Website;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit links to any content that infringes the rights of any third party;
- circumvent, or attempt to seek to circumvent, any of the security safeguards of the Website;
- cause annoyance to other people accessing the Website;
- post any personal information regarding the employees of your company or other individuals;
- send any unsolicited advertising or other promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam", "junk mail", "chain letter", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation by email or by any other electronic means;
- send email or any other type of electronic message with the intention or result of affecting the performance or functionality of any computer facilities; or
- permit any third party to do any of the above.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
The content made available on the Website is intended for general information purposes only and is provided on an "as is" basis. It does not constitute advice or the making of any recommendation and the content on the Website should not be relied upon as the basis for any decision or action. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all liability (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising as a result of the access to and use of the Website (including, without limitation, as a result of any computer virus) or reliance on the content contained on it.
We aim to ensure the Website is updated regularly. However, we are under no obligation to update the material contained on the Website and cannot guarantee that content will always be completely up to date or accurate. For this reason, we make no warranties or representations and do not give any undertaking either express or implied about any of the content on the Website, including without limitation, the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of such content or that your use of the Website will not infringe the rights of third parties or for any alleged or actual infringement of third party rights.
The use of information obtained from the Website is at your sole discretion and risk.
We take reasonable precautions to prevent viruses and malicious code on the Website, but you are responsible for ensuring that anything downloaded from the Website is suitable for use on your computer and is free from viruses and malicious code and we exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of any failure to do so.
We do not represent, warrant or undertake that the use of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free.
Any transmission, downloading or sending of any information from the Website does not create any contractual relationship.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. We do not guarantee that use of the Website will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Uploading material to the website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Website, such as the facility allowing you to leave comments on our blog, you agree to comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you agree to indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Website if in our opinion such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
Third party websites
Links to third party websites on the Website (including, without limitation, links to the websites of local junior chambers) are provided solely for your convenience and service. If you choose to use a hypertext link then you will leave the Website. Once you leave the Website, whether or not you realise that you are leaving, we are no longer in any way responsible for the material on the other site that you enter. We do not endorse or make any representations about these third party sites or any material found there. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of damage caused by such external website material including without limitation any damage, costs, injury or financial loss.
Whilst we retain the right to establish any hypertext links * between the Website and any third party site at our discretion, you agree you will not create any hypertext links or deep links ** between the Website and any third party site without our express written consent.
* Hypertext links are a means by which visitors can skip from one website to another or from one page to another within the same site.
** Deep links are like hypertext links but take the visitors into the website bypassing the home page on the third party website.
We reserve the right to change any part of the Website or these terms at any time without notice.
We may vary these terms from time to time. If we make substantial changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on the Website.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Our Website is controlled and operated by us from the United Kingdom. We make no representations that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.