The JCI Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World Program (JCI TOYP)
Who are you nominating for JCI UK TOYP this year?
JCI TOYP serves to formally recognize young people who excel in their chosen fields and create positive change. By recognizing these young people, JCI raises the status of socially responsible leaders in this world. The honorees motivate their peers to seek excellence and serve others. Their stories of discovery, determination and ingenuity inspire young people to be better leaders and create better societies.
Young men and women may be nominated in one of ten categories. The honorees will be selected by an international panel of distinguished judges. Up to ten honorees will be selected from all nominations received, regardless of category entered.
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
- Nominees must be between 18 and 40 years of age. A certified copy of the ID/Birth Certificate should be uploaded along with the nomination form to prove the age of the nominee.
- Nominees need NOT to be members of the organization, provided they meet all other requirements and register through a JCI National Organization.
- The nominee may not be a current member of the Board at the International, National or Local levels. In addition paid staff members will not be considered for the JCI TOYP program.
- The nominee must sign the declaration of nomination form and upload it attesting to all facts contained in the form and granting permission for publication of these facts. By signing this form, the nominee also indicates willingness, barring extreme circumstances, to attend the JCI TOYP Awards Ceremony in Rio, if selected for a 2013 award.
- All information must be contained on the official online form. Scrapbooks, audiotapes, etc. are not used in the judging process. If a candidate is selected as one of the honorees, however, these items will be requested by JCI World Headquarters.
- A good quality, 4" x 6" (10 cm x 15 cm), head-and-shoulders photograph must be uploaded with the official nomination form.
- The nominee must be entered in one of the ten categories listed on the online form. Please note: Each nominee may be nominated in only one category per form.
- National Organizations can submit unlimited nomination forms.
- A person can be nominated in only the JCI Creative Young Entrepreneur Award (CYEA) or the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World (TOYP) program at the same year on international level.
- A person who passed away between the national and the international competition cannot be nominated for the international TOYP award.
- Nominees must be willing to promote the ideals of JCI for the year 2014/2015 after winning the award.
- PLEASE NOTE last day to nominate someone in JCI UK is 3rd March 2014.