Training and Dinner for Charity (with the Lord Mayor of Liverpool)
|Venue:||Hill Dickinson, 1 St Paul's Square, L3 9SJ, Liverpool|
|Date:||26th Nov, 2013|
|Time:||2:00 PM to 5:30 PM|
JCI Liverpool is organising a "Training and Dinner for Charity" event, with young professionals/entrepreneurs teaming up with leaders in various industries, and delivering speeches on topics relevant to professionals and entrepreneurs.
Some of the speakers will include:
- Kai Graf von Pahlen - President at JCI Liverpool
- The Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Gary Millar
- Laura Beswick - Managing Director at BPP Professional Education
- Jim Grave - Chair at Merseyside Adventure Sailing Trust
- Max Steinberg CBE - CEO of Liverpool Vision
The event is organised by JCI Liverpool, part of Junior Chamber International - the leading global network for young professionals. The speakers will be introduced by Mark Jones, one of the most experienced radio presenters currently on-air. Starting at BBC Manchester, he graduated to Liverpool's Radio City, and won several awards including a Sony for hosting the Michael Jackson Aintree concert, (‘biggest solo concert in history'), entertaining more than 125,000 people.
The speakers will cover the following topics:
- Why leaders lead...
- Management and motivation
- Financial planning for professionals/entrepreneurs
- Preparing effective PowerPoint presentations
- International Festival for Business 2014
Free dinner will be provided at 5.30pm. This will be sponsored by the Mayur Restaurant on Duke Street.
JCI Liverpool recognises the importance of young people being active citizens and encourages members to take time to get involved in the community. We are organising this event in order to raise money for the Lord Mayor's Charity Appeal (Liverpool). The Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Gary Millar, is known as the first citizen and chosen representative of the city, acting as a focal point for the community as well as promoting the city and forging national and international links. Gary will be guest of honour at our event on 26 November, and open the event for us.