Acceptable Use Policy
About this policy
This acceptable use policy (Policy) sets out the terms for submitting comments on the Junior Chamber International United Kingdom Blog (Blog), which shall apply to all users of, contributors or visitors to the Blog. Any visit or submission of material to the Blog is made on the basis that you accept, and agree to abide and be bound by, all the terms and conditions of this Policy.
http://www.jciuk.org.uk/ is site operated by Junior Chamber International United Kingdom (JCI UK).
In order to submit a comment on the Blog, You must accept this Policy by clicking the "I Accept" box at the time you make your submission.
The Blog is moderated. Contributions submitted to the Blog (Contributions) are checked by JCI UK for compliance with our contribution standards as set out below in the 'Contribution Standards' before they are published. We will try to publish as many Contributions as we can but we cannot guarantee that all Contributions will be published. We also cannot guarantee how quickly Contributions will be posted on the Blog as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
Although the Blog is moderated, JCI UK is under no obligation to any person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Blog and we may stop moderating the Blog at any time. JCI UK reserves the right in its absolute discretion to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution at any time.
JCI UK expressly excludes its liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Blog by any person in contravention of this Policy.
The content made available on the Blog is intended for general information purposes only and is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. It does not constitute advice or the making of any recommendation and the content on the Blog should not be relied upon as the basis for any decision or action.
The contents of the Blog should not be relied upon in substitution for specific legal or other professional advice in relation to your particular circumstances.
Any content on the Blog provided by any party other than JCI UK is the opinion or view of that party and, unless explicitly or specifically expressed otherwise, is not the opinion or view of JCI UK.
Nothing in this Policy is intended to or shall restrict or exclude JCI UK's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence, or any liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be restricted by law.
Submission of contributions
To add a Contribution to the Blog, please type your Contribution in the space provided, click the box to indicate you accept this Policy, and then press "Post Comment".
These Contribution Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Contribution Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. JCI UK will determine, in its absolute discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Contribution Standards.
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted (including in relation to applicable data protection legislation, in order that personal data is not traded or disclosed illegally); and
- be relevant to the Blog's subject matter.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person or make any unfounded or unproved allegations (especially of wrongdoing) against a person, organisation or group;
- be obscene, offensive, profane, hateful or inflammatory (this may include the use of swear words with asterisks replacing some letters);
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be in contempt of court or otherwise discuss active UK court cases;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- include URLs of third party websites which may contain offensive or illegal material;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from JCI UK if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- be repeated more than once; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Blog, you grant JCI UK a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, JCI UK will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in the Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. JCI UK may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in the Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Contribution Standards as set out above, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Blog, you are warranting that you have the right to grant JCI UK the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to JCI UK, you should not submit the Contribution to the Blog.
Breach of this policy
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Blog;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Blog;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as JCI UK reasonably feels is necessary or as required by law.
The actions described above are not limited, and JCI UK may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Blog, you should contact JCI UK at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with the Contribution Standards as set out above. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates the Contribution Standards (see section "Breach of this Policy"). JCI UK will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving the complaint.
Changes to this policy
JCI UK may revise this Policy at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes JCI UK makes, as they are legally binding on you.